Dreyfus, Cheryl F. Ph.D.Professor and Chair
Ph.D. Cornell University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1976
Research Interests: Regulation of brain development and repair. In particular the role of the trophic factors and glial cells are being examined.
Selected Publications: For complete list PubMed
- Dai, X., Lercher, L.D., Vieira, C., Yang, L., Shen, M. and Dreyfus, C.F. The trophic role of oligodendrocytes in the basal forebrain., J. Neurosci., 2003; 23:5846-5853
- Wu, H., Friedman, W.J. and Dreyfus, C.F. Differential regulation of neurotrophin expression in basal forebrain astrocytes by neuronal signals. J. Neurosci. Res. 2004; 76:76-85.
- Du, Y., Fischer, T.Z., Clinton-Luke, P., Lercher, L.D., Dreyfus, C.F.. Distinct effects of p75 in mediating actions of neurotrophins on basal forebrain oligodendrocytes. Mol. Cell Neurosci., 2006; 31(2):366-75. Epub 2005 December 13.
- Van't Veer, A., Du, Y., Fischer, T., Boetig, D., Wood, M.R., Dreyfus, C.F. BDNF effects on oligodendrocytes progenitors of the basal forebrain are mediated through trkB and the MAP kinase pathway. J. Neurosci. Res., 2008; Aug 27. [Epub ahead of print].
- Jean, Y.Y., Lercher, L.D. and Dreyfus, C.F. Glutamate elicits release of BDNF from basal forebrain astrocytes in a process dependent on metabotropic receptors and the PLC pathway. Neuron Glia Biology, 2009 Feb;4(1):35-42.
- Bagayogo, I.P. and Dreyfus, C.F. Regulated release of BDNF by cortical oligodendrocytes is mediated through metabotropic glutamate receptors and the PLC pathway. ASN NEURO, 2009 1:e00001, 10.1042/AN20090006.
- VonDran M.W., Clinton-Luke P., Honeywell, J.Z., Dreyfus, C.F. BDNF +/- mice exhibit deficits in oligodendrocyte lineage cells of the basal forebrain. Glia, 2010; 58(7):848-856.
- VonDran M.W., Singh H., Honeywell J.Z., Dreyfus C.F. Levels of BDNF impact oligodendrocyte lineage cells following a cuprizone lesion. J Neurosci. 2011; 31(40):14182-90.