- AUCD - Association of University Centers on Disabilities: The Boggs Center is part of a network of centers on disabilities and is the only University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities in the state of New Jersey. This link provides some background of the broader network with which the Boggs Center is associated.
- AUCD Trainee page
- The President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities: Provides some historical background and current context for disability rights on the federal level.
- American Academy of Family Physicians: Promotes family centered care. Search for articles on disabilities, conditions, diseases, disorders and Intellectual Disabilities.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Definition of Intellectual Disabilities.
- Autism Research Institute: Medical support video series.
- Medical Students and Allied Health Care Professionals Perceptions Toward the Mentally Retarded Population (Article). Handler, E.G., Bhardwaj, A. & Jackson, D.S. (1994). Medical Students and Allied Health Care Professionals Perceptions Toward the Mentally Retarded Population. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 6(3), 291-297.
- Addressing the “New Morbidity” in Pediatrics Through Developmental Screening (Article)
- Brighter Tomorrows:
Pediatrician and family education on Down Syndrome.
Centers for Disease Control:
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities.
information about Autism Spectrum Disorder, information about developmental screening and monitoring, with free materials
National Center of Medical Home Initiatives for Children with Special Needs.
American Academy of Pediatrics
National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities: NICHCY is a central source of information on disabilities in infants, toddlers, children, and youth; laws authorizing special education; and research-based information on effective educational practices. For Disability-Specific Fact Sheets, go to http://nichcy.org/disability/specific
National Institutes of Health: This division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services focuses on medical information and research. Search box for articles and clinical trials.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders:
Provides Information, news, research and organizations related to disabilities and rare disorders.
Family Centered Care, including articles:
Family Resources and Services:
Key words of interest:
- Adaptive recreation
- Early Intervention
- IDEA – Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Independent living
- Parent to parent support
- Parent advocacy
- Special Education
- Special healthcare needs
- Transition to adult health care